Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Have I Learned in this Class?

Throughout the semester I have come across various facts about the media and technology that I would otherwise not know about. One of the most interesting things that I have learned has to be about my media pioneer, Joseph Nipece. It was interesting to learn that even though he is the father of photography and created the first photograph the technology that he used to create that photograph is not the same as the technology that is used today or developed shortly after his death. I also found it interesting to learn more about how important the print media actually is to society. I became more aware of the losing interest that the public has in the print industry as a whole and what an impact digital technology actually has over people. It has also come to learn that the mass media acts a watchdog for the general public. I was aware of the influence the media had over the public, but never understood the importance it held. This class has helped me realize that I would like to have a career in the media, I have not decided how to be involved in the media yet, but I do want to be involved in the media in some aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment